Sherman Networks LLC is a MSP (Managed Service Provider). We specialize in giving organizations cost-effective ways to connect their business locations to each other, the Internet, and business partners.
Whether you need to supplement your existing in house IT staff or want to avoid the employee costs and completely outsource your IT needs Sherman Networks is ready to serve. Sherman Networks can remotely manage all your network devices for one monthly fee.
Here is a list of a few of the services we offer:
- Budget Management
- Anti-Virus, Anti-Malware & Anti-Spyware Installation, Configuration & Management
- Server Software Installation, Configuration & Management
- Software Vendor Support Management
- Network Design & Implementation
- Firewall Management (SonicWall Product Line up)
- Email Server Installation/Migration, Configuration & Management (Microsoft Exchange 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 & Hosted Exchange Online O365)
- Email Spam Installation, Configuration & Management
- Backup Installation, Configuration & Management
- Internet Control Management and Reporting
- Desktop/Laptop/Tablet Sales, Installation, Configuration & Management, Hardware Repair and Proactive Maintenance
- Server Sales, Installation, Configuration & Proactive Maintenance
- Remote Access Management
- VPN Design and Management
Understanding Managed Services
Managed network services are typically offered by a managed services provider (MSP) on a subscription basis, with a monthly fee that reflects the network services, bandwidth, number of users, equipment, and service level agreement (SLA) performance levels covered by the customer contract. The MSP can remotely manage network links, equipment, and applications that are installed at the customer’s location, or the MSP can host all of these elements in its own facilities.
The MSP staff monitors the health and availability of the subscriber’s network equipment and services to ensure they operate smoothly and securely. A managed services provider also offers a single point of contact for network trouble reports and a full-time help desk for user support.
You can even choose to outsource some network management and monitoring tasks while retaining control of the rest, even if the equipment is physically located at the MSP’s facilities.
Why Not Manage Your Own Network?
Of course, it is possible—but not always easy or cost-effective—for organizations to internally manage their own networks. Consider the following challenges of in-house network management:
- Reducing network overhead costs while increasing network services
- Supporting dynamic business growth with restricted budgets and staffing levels
- Implementing new technologies to maintain competitiveness
- Supporting new business operations and markets or integrating acquisitions
Advantages of Outsourcing to an MSP:
More than ever, businesses are achieving increased operational efficiencies while lowering network costs by using managed data, voice, and security services. Some of the benefits of relying on a managed services provider include:
- Predictable monthly fee for network and management services
- Access to leading network technologies and management expertise, without high capital expenditures or ongoing investments in upgrades, IT staffing, and maintenance resources
- A single point of contact reduces network costs and simplifies vendor management for IT staff
- Using outsourced expertise avoids the costs of developing management and reporting capabilities
- Proactive management of network services through 24 / 7 / 365 monitoring of links and equipment, automatic fault notification, and responsive trouble management
- IT staff remains free to focus on strategic activities, instead of network support
- Well-defined Service Level Agreements (SLAs) guarantee response and resolution times for network problems to minimize impact on users